When automation is installed on any door, gate, window or other opening, it becomes classified as a machine.
Listed below are some of the possible hazards associated with using such machines:
- Crushing during closing hazards
- Shearing hazard
- Conveying hazard
- Person lifting hazard, in the event of vertical closings
- Operator connected, electrical hazards
- Safety device breakdown provoked hazards
- Hazards which appear during manual moving of the closure, for example, when gate unexpectedly sets in motion again
- Entrapment hazards
- Exceeding of gate–leaf limit, causing possible falling of gate-leaf hazards
When Safe & Secure Systems installs gate automation equipment, a range of safety accessories and methods of install are utilised. These are compliant with European Standards to provide total protection against any hazards associated with operation. We also supply a user manual which should be kept and passed onto new owners if you ever sell your property.
For further information please follow this link from the Health & Safety Executive on the 'risks to pedestrians from powered gates':
We are working within Government Covid-19 Restrictions
What is a CAMESAFE Installer?
CAMESAFE Installers are the culmination of all the experience and knowledge gained from studying, interpreting, presenting and discussing solutions to automation safety for the past 5 years.
By formalising the training structure and developing a method of assessing trainees learning outcomes, Came can now award a level of competence to individuals who pass the module examinations.
Safe & Secure Systems attained CAMESAFE Installer status, and are now entitled to use the CAMESAFE Installer badge to promote the highest level of safety in their automation installations.
Please visit the CAMESAFE website to view our unique Installer ID Profiles.
- All electrical works are completed to current IEE regulations
- All welding works are completed to British Standard 4872
- All new installations of gate and barrier systems will conform to the current European Safety Standards and Building Regulations under the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, EN12453, EN12445, EN12604, EN12605, EN12978.
- We are proud to be Gold Approved Installers for Came BPT UK
- We have over 20 years experience in the industry and can repair systems using equipment from all manufacturers with confidence and safety in mind
- We have up to date safety examination and electrical examination passes and accreditation both as individuals and as a company, to the CAMESAFE Installer Scheme
- Company Installer Number 73380
Registration as a SafeContractor means we have successfully demonstrated our health and safety competence to new and existing clients.
SafeContractor is one of the largest contractor accreditation schemes in the UK, giving our clients recognition of our safe and reliable working practices.